Saturday 19 October 2013

Belated MGMT (oops meant to post this months ago)

     So I went to see MGMT in the Olympia Theater a few weeks ago with a few friends, Cillian (who I've known since he was 3 weeks old) and Lilli (who I've known since she was like one or something like that). It was fucking brilliant, they played loads of songs off of their first album, which is, of course, the best by far and it was great fun. I managed to lose my voice within half an hour of MGMT coming on stage. The warm-up band, Guards, were really good. They were some American rock band I guess, the girl danced very oddly but as a band they were extremely good. Here's the lead singer/guitarist guy: 
They played for maybe 40 minutes and they really were great, after that we had about a half hour or twenty minute wait for MGMT, in which I noticed this massive cowbell they had! They actually used it for one of their songs. 
I'm not sure who the girl that was playing it is though. Anyway they were brilliant, we got into the pit (the bit right at the front) so we were really close to the stage (much to Cillian's distaste). They played really well and even those songs from the albums that I don't much like were amazing. I think the best bit was when they played kids which was wonderful, I really loved the whole show and, as far as I know, so did my friends. I'm just gonna stick in a few pictures now. 




That last one is of this UFO thing they had flying around during the song 'Alien Days' (I think that's what it's called), it flew over the crowd and stage it was awesome, it was like remote controlled or something so all in all it was a great gig and totally worth not my own money but someone else's for sure (my mothers).
     My friend from Finland was one of the reasons I haven't been on (she was over for a week, it was 

No comments:

Post a Comment